That was Sunday evening, we were sitting on bench at a park.
Wind was blowing through her hair and she constantly kept tucking them behind
her ears. After a silent moment passed, she asked me ‘who would you favor, your
love or your best friend?’ As all people
say I said ‘my best friend’ and then I gave her an impressive speech about how
friends are better than lovers. She listened to my every word quietly then just
smiled, nod in a disparity and turned her head other way.
I was curious to know why? I asked. She said, “I have no faith
in friendship anymore”. I exclaimed, “Isn’t that what people say about love?”.
She said, “No, that’s what people say when they are no longer friends with
their best friends” with that she took her hair clutch tied up her hair and
walked away, leaving hundreds of questions in my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment